Episode ThemeImage-Reflecting. How do you live out God’s Word?
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.
LET'S GET STARTED
Before listening, think about:
1. James 1:22 says that you should do what the Word says. What is the Word? What’s one way that you can do what the Word says?
2. In Matthew 7:24-27, Jesus tells the parable of the wise and foolish builders. He says, “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” By living out God’s Word, we build a strong foundation for our lives. Think about the actions of the wise and foolish builders as you listen to today’s program.
Now, listen to “An Exceptional Experiment.”
ALL ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Chamy chooses to study Liz to discover how to live the Christian life. Can Liz show Chamy how to live out the Bible in all he does?
- Who was the “control subject” for Chamy’s experiment with Liz?
- According to Grandpa, how many days did Liz have to complete memorizing 100 Bible verses?
- With which teacher did Liz and Cole get in trouble?
- Name one of the sacrificial actions that Chamy observed Liz doing.
SO NOW WHAT?
In this episode, Liz and the gang learned that God’s Word needs to be both learned and practiced every day.
Have you ever watched an exercise video? What if you sat down on a big, comfortable couch with potato chips, soda, and a bucket of ice cream and just watched the people on the screen move, dance and sweat—even as they encouraged you to get up and do the work? Would you improve your physical strength? Of course not. To be fit requires working out. Sitting on the couch and watching won’t get you too far.
The same idea applies to God's Word. You can memorize scripture, go to Sunday school class, and even read your Bible every day. However, if you don't apply what you learn from God's Word, you won't grow in faith. When you do what God's Word says, you become more like him.
As a family, choose an act of service to do for people at your school, in your neighborhood, or at your church. Maybe it’s a way to service that you’ve just found in scripture. Maybe it’s something that you’ve always thought about doing or maybe it’s responding to a new need that someone recently told you about.
Listen to God’s Word and just do it!
Answers to Story Quiz
1. Cole. 2. Seven. 3. Mr. B. 4. Chamy observed Liz walk a frightened little kid across the street. Chamy observed Liz give the last of his lunch money to a homeless lizard on the street. When Gaby was sick for a week, Liz went to visit her to make sure she was all right.