Episode ThemeIdolatry-Discerning: God is in control.
Make your motions and cast your votes, but God has the final say.
Ever play what if? Try the Bible version:
- What if Noah didn't build the ark?
- What if Mary said, "No, I won't be the mother of the Savior."
- What if Abraham said, "No, I won't move to some country I've never seen before."
- What if Saul/Paul said, "No, I still won't believe in Jesus."
- What if Daniel said, "Okay, I'll stop praying to God."
- What if Jesus said, "No, I won't die on the cross because I didn't do anything wrong."
No ark? Then no people or animals could have survived the flood. No Mary as the mother of Jesus? Then who would raise a Savior? No Abraham's obedience? Then no father of the Israelite nation from whom Jesus was born. No Paul? Then no gospel being spread around the world. Half the books of the New Testament would be missing. No Daniel daring to keep on praying? Then no witness of God's power to a king. No Jesus dying on the cross? Then no hope of salvation or life with God.
Actually, that's not true. God is in control. Every part of the Bible was in God's hands and so worked out perfectly. Noah did build the ark. Mary loved her baby Jesus. Abraham obeyed God willingly. Paul became a fearless missionary for Jesus around the world. Daniel prayed even though he knew he would be thrown into a lion's den. Jesus died on the cross and rose from the dead to rescue us.
It's the same with us. God knows each one of us. He holds us close and walks with us. He won't let anything happen to us that is more powerful than he is. God is with you. You don't have to worry about the future or about being lucky or unlucky. Talk to God about everything. He's in charge!