Episode ThemeGod-Worshiping: God Gave His Best.
God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.
LET'S GET STARTED
Before listening, think about:
1. John 3:16 says, “... For God so loved the world …” What is love? How would you explain it to someone else? How much would you be willing to do for someone you loved? What are some things you have done for someone else because you loved them?
2. Jesus came to earth as a human because he loves us so much. He offered a way for people to be saved from the punishment for their sins. But instead of thanking him, the people arrested him, beat him and nailed him on a cross. This was a painful and horrible way to die (Isaiah 53:7). Jesus was God. He could have stopped them. But he loved them, so he let them do it. Before he died, he asked God the Father to “forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23:34). Think about what it means to love enemies and strangers that much as you listen to today’s episode.
Now, listen to “Merry X-Monsters.”
ALL ABOUT THIS EPISODE
What’s the true meaning of Christmas? Help Liz figure out how to celebrate the birth of our Savior on this week’s Kids Corner.
- What was Liz hoping to get for Christmas?
- What did Liz and Lucille see when they were walking home from the sledding hill?
- Whose house was on fire?
- What did Liz decide to donate to the family for Christmas?
SO NOW WHAT?
In this episode, Liz was challenged to give his toys to kids who didn’t have very many toys. But he only wanted to give a little bit of his time instead. Then he met someone who had just lost everything. Liz thought about how Jesus gave his best and decided he wanted to do the same.
All of us have someone who we don’t get along with very well. Maybe that person is mean to you, or maybe you don’t like them for some other reason. Do you love that person?
As a sinner, you should be God’s enemy. Have you ever thought about that? All people deserve punishment for their sins. But Jesus Christ died on the cross to take the punishment for your sins. He loves you and he offers you salvation even though he knows you are a sinner. God “so loved the world” that he was willing to give his Son to die for it. Remember how God gave you His very best gift, so give your very best to someone else this Christmas!
Remember what Jesus did because of His love for you. Share that love with someone who needs love and tell them about Jesus too! Ask your parents if your entire family can join together to help give someone else a great Christmas.
- Provide a meal (or two or three!) for another family in need.
- Write Christmas cards to your church’s missionaries and enclose a small gift.
- Use some of your extra money and buy some new toys for kids who don’t have very many.
- What else can you do to help someone this Christmas?
Answers to Story Quiz
1. The X-Monsters Robo-720 game system. 2. A house on fire. 3. The new kid’s - Jimmy’s. 4. His new X-Monsters game system.