How important is the truth to you? Why is lying such a big deal? It’s time for a Bible Quiz! Can you find (and correct) the mistakes in the following Bible story descriptions?
- God told Noah to build an airplane so that Noah could save all the flowers in the world from a flood.
- Young David tickled a giant named Goliath with several stones and a rolling pin.
- For worshiping God, Daniel was thrown into a freezer full of ice cream.
- Sarah laughed when God promised she would have her very own washing machine.
- Jesus was crucified on a cross, buried in a cave, and on the third day, the disciples ran away.
How did you do? Here are the correct sentences: God told Noah to build an ark (a big boat) so that Noah could save some of every kind of animal in the world from the flood. Young David killed a giant named Goliath with several stones and his slingshot. For worshiping God, Daniel was thrown into a den full of hungry lions. Sarah laughed when God promised she would have her very own baby son. Jesus was crucified on a cross, was buried in a cave, and on the third day, he rose from the dead.
See how mixing up just a little bit of the truth makes everything all wrong? Telling mostly the truth just isn’t good enough for Christians. The only policy to live by for a Christian is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, God helping us.