Episode ThemeIdolatry-Discerning: Money Plan
The rich rule over the poor and the borrower is servant to the lender.
Jesus never had much money, so why does the Bible talk so much about money? Can you finish these Bible verses about money?
- For the love of _________ is a root of all kinds of _____________. (I Timothy 6: 10)
- The rich rule over the ______, and the borrower is servant to the ______. (Prov. 22:7)
- You cannot serve both God and ________. (Matt. 6: 24)
- A generous man will _______; he who refreshes others will ________. (Prov. 11:25)
- ...not greedy for ______, but eager to _______. (I Peter 5:2)
How did you do? Here are the complete Bible verses:
- For the love of money is a root of all kinds of kinds of evil.
- The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
- You cannot serve both God and Money.
- A generous man will prosper, he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.
- ...not greedy for money but eager to serve.
Why is money (and the love of money) mentioned in the Bible so much?
- Because money is important to our lives.
- Because how we handle money reflects how we love God.
- Because God cares about every detail in our lives-including our money and what we do with it.
Use your money wisely!