Episode ThemeBeauty-Creating: Be a creator, not just a consumer.
For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
LET'S GET STARTED
Before listening, think about:
1. Ephesians 2:10 says that we are created by God in his image to do good works. How does doing good works imitate God? What good things has God done for you?
2. God had a job for Noah. God was going to destroy the evil things in the world with a flood, but he wanted Noah to make a giant boat in which to save his family and two of every animal. God could have just told Noah and his family to go onto a high mountain with all the animals and kept them all safe there, but he wanted Noah to spend months building something no one had ever seen before. Building the ark would be an act of faith that showed how much Noah trusted God. Noah did everything that God asked (Genesis 6:9-22). Through that creative act, Noah became a blessing to others. As you listen to this episode, think about things that you create that could bless others.
Now, listen to “Get out of Line.”
ALL ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Grandpa tells the Parable of the Raft—and Liz and Julia not only learn the story, but a much more valuable lesson: That we were born to create.
- Julia is a big fan of which musician?
- How does Liz hope to make some extra money?
- Who made the raft that saved Pastor Dan?
- What does it seem like Liz will do next?
SO NOW WHAT?
In this episode Liz and Julia learn to be creators, and not just consumers.
Psalm 8 describes the beauty of God’s creation and how amazing it is that he made people to be in charge of it. Consider how many varieties there are of flowers… trees… colors… stars… and every last one of them is not only known by God, but was created by God! You are just one of billions of people—but God created you to be special. You are unique in our vast universe because God made you one of a kind!
How do we respond to our uniqueness? By enjoying and taking care of what God created. By creating things ourselves. When we make or do or save something, we are acting creatively…just like God! And God delights in our creativity as much as he delights in our uniqueness.
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” - Anne Frank, March 26, 1944
Your challenge is to follow God’s example and create something! Liz and Julia’s song was full of ideas about things to do: build a kite, dig a hole, write a story, write a song, build a fort, plant a pine tree, bake a cake for a man who’s lonely, go to somebody’s house and pick up all the trash in their yard, write a note, write your life, write a letter, paint a wall, ride a horse, nail some lumber, run a race, give a smile, grab a number, take a walk, or make a movie about a gila monster named Lurleena! What will you create? How could it benefit others?
Answers to Story Quiz
1. Lurleena. 2. Do some work for Grandpa Anole. 3. Grandpa Anole. 4. Make another video