Episode ThemeServant-Working. Work together and appreciate individual gifts.
But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? … Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
LET'S GET STARTED
Before listening, think about:
1. I Corinthians 12:18-19, 27 says that everyone who worships God is part of one body. What does that mean?
2. In Matthew 10:2-4, Jesus called twelve people to be his disciples. Each of them were different in their own way. A few were Galilean fishermen with strong muscles, rough hands, and a good attitude for work. Matthew was a tax collector. He worked with the Romans and profited from his fellow Jews. Simon the Zealot was a rebel. He wanted to free the Jews from the Romans. I wonder how Simon and Matthew got along. Judas kept the money for everyone. I wonder if he volunteered for that job or if he had a gift for that sort of thing. What gifts did Jesus see in each of his disciples? How did they become a good team and the future of the Church? Think about what makes a good team as you listen to today’s episode.
Now, listen to “Lights Camera, Reaction.”
ALL ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Servant-Working. Work together and appreciate individual gifts.
- When Liz is filming, he lists three different jobs that he has to learn to be the best movie maker possible. What are those three jobs?
- Liz quotes James 1:22. What does that verse say? Why does Liz like that verse?
- What does Liz call the team of Cole, Kayla, Kenan and himself?
- Which team member becomes the writer, the director, the actor, the special effect designer, and the producer?
SO NOW WHAT?
If you’ve listened to a few Kids Corner episodes, you know that many times Liz’s big plans often result in even bigger disasters. This time, however, each member of gang had a part in causing a catastrophe by trying to do everything themselves. Then, everyone figured out that having each person play a role that fit them was the best way to make a great movie.
What’s your role? What talent would make you a good part of a team?
As a family or group of friends keep a beach ball, volleyball, or balloon in the air for a specified number of hits without letting it hit the ground. Additionally, no one person can touch the balloon or ball twice in a row. Set the goal as a group and after your group meets its goal, increase it and go for a “champion record” to see how many hits you can complete.
This challenge is much harder than it seems! If it feels too difficult, take a moment, and create a plan for the next try. Talk about ways to use everyone’s strengths to complete the task together.
Answers to Story Quiz
1. Writing, directing, and special effects. 2. James 1:22 says, “Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.” Liz likes the verse because he wants to be a doer. 3. The Extreme Dream Team. 4. Lucille is the writer. Cole is the director. Kayla is the actor. Kenan is the special effects designer. Liz is the producer.