Episode ThemeImage-Reflecting: God's help on your Christian walk.
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.
LET'S GET STARTED
Before listening, think about:
1. 1 Corinthians 10:13 says “you are tempted …” What are some ways you have been tempted to do something wrong this week? Did you give in to those temptations? What could you have done to escape from them?
2. God created Adam and Eve and put them in the Garden of Eden. They only had one rule: they had to obey. God told them not to eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. But Satan had other plans (Genesis 3:1-6). He told Eve the fruit was good. Eve looked at the fruit and saw that it “looked beautiful and tasty. She wanted the wisdom that it would give her …” That was Eve’s temptation. She didn’t resist, and she ate the fruit; and after she ate it, she gave some to her husband Adam, and he ate it too. As soon as as they had eaten it, they knew they had sinned. Adam and Eve were punished by being kicked out of the garden, and they began to die. They should have remembered what God had said and relied on his promises. Think about what it means to resist temptation as you listen to today’s episode.
Now, listen to “Liz’s Progress.”
ALL ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Liz has a dream where he walks the Road of Life and meets each of the deadly sins.
- What are the seven deadly sins?
- Why was Liz falling asleep in church school class?
- What assignment did Grandpa Anole give Liz?
- How did Liz plan to present his assignment?
SO NOW WHAT?
In this episode, Liz had a dream in which he met the seven deadly sins. He was tempted by all of them, but he remembered that God was with him and would help him resist the temptations.
You might think you’re strong enough to resist temptations. You might even think you’re so strong that you can deliberately go places where you know you’ll be tempted. If you think this way, you’ve already given in to one of the seven deadly sins—pride. Remember that God provides a way to escape, but that way is never to put yourself where you don’t belong. The most important way God helps you escape is with his Word, the Bible. 2 Timothy 2:22 says, “Run from temptations that can capture young people …” You can’t expect God’s help if you don’t obey him. If you know you’re being tempted—run!
We all face temptations every day. Some things that tempt others might not tempt you, and vice versa, but you will be tempted. In our story, Liz wore a cross that reminded him that God was with him and would help him resist temptations. Think of something you can carry with you or keep in your room to help you remember that God can help you resist temptations too.
Answers to Story Quiz
1. Greed, pride, envy, wrath, sloth, gluttony and lust. 2. He stayed up late watching television. 3. He would review the seven deadly sins for class the next time they met. 4. He told the class the story of his dream where he met each of the deadly sins.