Episode ThemeIdolatry-Discerning: Needing God's power against evil.
Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit, says the Lord Almighty.
What do you know about armor? Have you ever seen a soldier or a gladiator? What do they wear to both protect them and to fight their enemy? Did you know that the Bible tells Christians to put on the full armor of God? What is the armor of God? What does each piece do? Here’s the full armor that God offers to us:
- Buckle the belt of truth around your waist. Truth means what we know to be true about God: he is the creator of everything; he is holy and righteous; he redeems us from our sins through his Son Jesus Christ; he gives us the Holy Spirit to guide us. When we face warfare, we need to know what is true and what is not.
- Put the breastplate of righteousness in place. We have been given Jesus’ righteousness. It is big enough to protect us.
- Fit your feet with the gospel of peace. When we ask Jesus to live in our hearts, he brings peace with him because he is the Prince of Peace.
- Take up the shield of faith. Faith believes in Jesus and will deflect any doubts that Satan uses to trick us away from God.
- Wear the helmet of salvation. Jesus is the only way to God. He is our salvation. Wearing our helmet of salvation prevents Satan from whispering lies into our ears.
- Take up the sword of the Spirit. This is our offensive weapon against Satan. When Satan tried to tempt Jesus in the desert, Jesus used Bible verses to defeat him. We also use God’s words in the Bible to defeat Satan in our lives.
In the morning, you would never dream of leaving your house without getting dressed first! Don’t forget to also pray on the six pieces of God’s armor at the beginning of each day. God’s armor will protect better than any suit of armor ever could!