Episode ThemeJustice-Seeking. Sometimes, the only way to overcome a problem is through sheer persistence.
Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
LET'S GET STARTED
Before listening, think about:
1. Perseverance means sticking with a task when things get difficult or when you have to wait a long time to succeed. Name someone you know who has perseverance. Why do you think they are perseverant?
2. In Luke 15:8-10, Jesus told a short parable about God’s persistence in caring for sinners. Jesus said, “…suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Doesn’t she light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.’ In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.” God doesn’t give up and celebrates when we repent of our sins and follow him. Think about God’s persistence as you listen to today’s program.
Now, listen to “The Case of the Silver Coin.”
ALL ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Someone has stolen a famous painting from the Terrene Museum and the Lizarardo Detective Agency is on the case. Can you help solve this latest whodunit?
- In the beginning, why wouldn’t Inspector Levaire accept the children’s help to solve the case?
- Where in Terrene did the sandstone come from?
- Where at Frank’s place did the kids find the painting?
- What was the final evidence that revealed the identity of the thief?
SO NOW WHAT?
In today’s episode, Liz and the gang learn that they need to follow God’s example and stick with good things even when life is difficult or success seems far away.
There are a lot of things that distract us from doing God’s work. But there are four spiritual disciplines that help us find our role in God’s story. You can do all four of these disciplines individually or as a group.
- Bible Reading: Spend time reading scripture as your guide, wisdom, and strength for life.
- Worship: Praise God’s greatness, goodness, and beauty in words, music, ritual, or silence.
- Prayer: Talk with God about your experiences, thoughts, fears, and needs.
- Service: Humbly serve God by letting his love and compassion overflow to others, especially those in need.
Choose one of the four spiritual disciplines. Then write a plan and/or create a schedule that will help you improve doing that spiritual discipline. Set some goals. Pray to God for perseverance and ask a family member to remind you and help you achieve that goal.
Answers to Story Quiz
1. Levaire thought because they were children they could not do anything to help. 2. It came from the rock climbing park outside of town. 3. They found it in the shed. 4. The audio from the security camera reveal a unique cell phone ring.