Episode ThemeImage-Reflecting. Jesus is the one who can help you live life to the full, beyond what you can ask or imagine!
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
LET'S GET STARTED
Before listening, think about:
1. In John 10:10b, Jesus says that he came so that people can have a full life. What do you think it means to have a full life? What are some ways that knowing Jesus has blessed your life?
2. In Genesis 12:1-2, God asked a lot of Abram—to leave his family and country, but he also promised Abram more than he could imagine. God said, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” God promised Abram a very full life. Abram trusted God and God was faithful. As you listen this episode, think about how has blessed you in your life today!
Now, listen to “Zap Your Life.”
ALL ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Liz has more than he can handle when usually level-headed Lucille starts buying up videos, books, and tickets to the latest Zap McDoogle motivational speech. Is this all a scam? Can Liz save his friend by showing her God’s Word?
- What did Annabelle Anole start?
- What sport does Lucille try out for?
- How many people listen to Lucille’s speech at school?
- In her speech, who does Lucille say can truly change your life?
SO NOW WHAT?
In this episode, Liz talks about how we as Christians can change the world and can also change the world of one person. As Lucille points out, we are able to do this because God can do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Our job is to serve others by being God’s hands and feet. Sometimes we ask things like, “Why doesn’t God do anything here?” Instead, we should be asking, “What can I do to help out here?” When we serve, we will be surprised by the ways that God blesses that work!
Choose a family member, friend or neighbor to do something special for this week. Write down the person’s name and your idea for serving them. Your act of service doesn’t have to be big. Commit to also pray for the person you chose to serve. At the end of the week, think about how your service and prayer affected your life and the person you served. Perhaps you will see God’s blessings.
Answers to Story Quiz
1. She started the first library. 2. She tries out for volleyball. 3. One person is there. 4. Lucille says that the One who can truly change your life is Jesus Christ.