Celebrating Easter Year Round.
The months of March and April don't just mean that spring is coming. They are also the time each year when we celebrate what makes us Christians: that Jesus came to earth to pay the penalty for our sins and is risen from the dead. But once Easter is officially over, how do we help our children to continue celebrating Jesus our Savior? Here are some ideas:
- Crafts: make a banner, poster, cards, mobile with the theme of "Jesus is Alive!"
- Make a concentration or memory game matching words and pictures from the Easter story (cross, empty tomb, palm branches, bread).
- As a family read the accounts of first hand witnesses who met Jesus in person after his resurrection.
- Sing songs together about the risen Jesus.
- Tell personal stories of how you came to know Jesus as your Savior.
Once Easter has passed, don't let the joy of knowing that Jesus has conquered sin and death and brought us back to him fade! Delight in being a child of God through Jesus Christ, and let your children see and participate in your celebration!