Spending Time with the Bible
Summer is a great time to spend with our kids and with God's word. Here are some ideas from The Evangelical Covenant Church on how to help our children to know the Word of God.
- Demonstrate respect for Bibles-even children's Bibles.
- Choose a Bible for your child that is age-appropriate.
- *Pray with your child before reading the Bible.
- Partner read with your child. Each of you reads a section. Or have your child
- read the Bible verse while you read the devotion.
- Keep it short. Young children have short attention spans.
- Ask wondering questions such as "I wonder how the boy felt when Jesus used
- his lunch to feed more than 5,000 people?"
- Act out the Bible stories.
- Draw pictures of Bible stories.
- Pray again about the Bible story.
Deuteronomy 6 says "Impress these commandments on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." Use these practical ways to nurture children in their faith. If you'd like more practical ways to help children grow toward a deep and abiding faith or more information about the Evangelical Covenant Church, visit their website at www.covchurch.org